Power Scripts & Comala Workflows Bring Auto-Archiving to Confluence
Posted November 22, 2018 in Comala Workflows
CATEGORIESCanvas Jira Canvas OnDemand Case Studies Comala Agile Ranking Comala Canvas Comala Metadata Comala Publishing Comala Workflows Comalatech Comalatech Events
It’s one of the most common questions we get asked, “can Confluence documents be archived with Comala Workflows?”. In the past we’ve suggested a workaround, but a new integration between Workflows and cPrime’s Power ScriptsTM for Confluence has made automated archiving a reality.
The process for setting up your own automated archiving is pleasantly simple, once you have the apps installed:
- Ensure you have a workflow applied that uses an “obsolete” or “archived” state
- Run Power Scripts for Confluence ‘s pre-built archiving script
- Any documents in the ‘obsolete’ or ‘archived’ state will be automatically archived
*note: if you download Comala Workflows after downloading Power Scripts™ for Confluence, you’ll need to restart your Confluence instance to sync the two apps
While auto-archiving is certainly useful for many Confluence customers, it’s not the only functionality unlocked by this integration. Scripts are incredibly flexible, and the list of use cases Power Scripts enables is impressive, including:
- Integrating Jira and Confluence
- Enhancing Confluence administration
- Activating Workflows actions
Discover all that’s possible with Power ScriptsTM for Confluence yourself by visiting the Atlassian Marketplace and giving it a try. We can’t wait to learn the unique ways our customers will put the integration to use!